Brands often believe that offering any enticing prize will automatically attract a flood of contest...
Running Viral Contests in Under 10 Days: Digital Strategies for Success
Contests and sweepstakes have always held a special place in the world of marketing. They tap into people's desire for freebies, allowing brands to increase their visibility without blowing their advertising budgets.
Contests also foster consumer engagement, offering marketers a cost-effective alternative to traditional social media marketing.
With the advent of digital technology, the deployment of contests has become even more accessible, with instant rewards like eGift cards and coupons replacing the need for printing and shipping. These instant rewards also streamline the data capture processes.
WILY's SPRY Platform has revolutionized the speed at which contests and sweepstakes can be executed while maintaining data security. Your contest ideas can now come to life in record time, giving your team greater creative freedom, all while ensuring that participants' personal information is kept confidential and protected in compliance with modern data protection regulations.
But how can you run a secure, viral contest in under 10 days?
Here are some strategies to consider for your next engagement program:
1. Go Digital: The quickest and most cost-effective way to run a contest is by creating it for digital consumption. You can make it exclusive to social media, set up a separate secure microsite, or design a dedicated landing page. Accessibility is key, so ensure your contest is responsive and can be accessed from any device.
Additionally, consider implementing robust encryption and security measures to protect participants' data, as data breaches can severely damage a brand's reputation. It's crucial to strike a balance between convenience and data protection in today's digital landscape.
All contests run on the SPRY Platform are secured with bank-level security and encryption.
2. Offer Refer a Friend: To maximize the virality of your contest, include a "refer a friend" option for additional ballots or entries. Referral marketing has proven to be highly effective, with 92% of consumers turning to friends and family for recommendations. The same principle applies to referring contests.
Encourage your audience to tag friends on social media or provide a "refer a friend" button for a seamless sharing experience. This strategy can significantly expand your audience.
3. Include Instant Win: Engagement soars with instant win promotions. Offering daily prizes and multiple chances to win keeps consumers engaged and eager to participate. Simplicity is key, as busy individuals may not have time for complex entry forms. The easier the promotion, the more likely people are to participate, leading to increased exposure for your brand.
Moreover, instant win contests, with their lower perceived barriers to entry, encourage participants to provide their information willingly.
4. Make It Shareable: Encourage your audience to share your contest with their networks through various strategies.
Consider these tactics to boost awareness:
- Make sharing, retweeting, or reposting a requirement to enter.
- Incorporate user-generated content by asking participants to share brand-related pictures or selfies for entry.
- Include a contest video, as social videos generate significantly more shares than text and image content combined.
With a touch of creativity and effective design work, and using the SPRY platform, online contest marketing assets can be generated within hours or a few days (for more complex projects).
The most time-consuming aspect of any contest is drafting the rules and regulations, but with the right vendor, legal approval can be secured within 3-7 days.
If you're uncertain about creating contest rules and regulations, it's advisable to consult with an expert before proceeding.
In this age of digital transformation, businesses need to take creative risks when it comes to their engagement strategy. Explore the top 10 marketing trends that are disrupting the way we engage consumers now and in the future.
- Personalizing the Experience with Artificial Intelligence
- Getting Immersive with Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality
- Winning Over Your Customer with Contests and Sweepstakes
- Interactive Case Studies from Dr. Oetker and adidas
- Plus So Much More!